American Legion Auxiliary Oklahoma Girls State 2018
A few things you should know before you arrive:
- Oklahoma Girls State is a patriotic, non-partisan government program that emphasizes God and County. There will be prayer and the Pledge of Allegiance daily.
- Girls State delegates are not allowed to choose their roommates.
- Visitors are ONLY allowed for the closing ceremonies on Friday. If anything needs to be delivered to a Girls State delegate during the week, it must go to the Oklahoma Girls State office in the dorms.
Check in begins at 12:00 p.m. on Sunday May 27, 2018 and will end at 2:00 p.m. Please go to the lobby of Couch Center at the University of Oklahoma (1524 Asp. Ave., Norman, OK). While not required, we suggest that everyone does not arrive at once and recommend the following check in times:
1. If you live East of I-35 and South of I-40, you will check in at 12:00 Noon
2. If you live West of I-35 and South of I-40, you will check in at 12:30 P.M.
3. If you live East of I-35 and North of I-40, you will check in at 1:00 P.M.
4. If you live West of I-35 and North of I-40, you will check in 1:30 P.M.Girls State citizens who choose to drive themselves will be required to deposit their car keys with their Counselor and will not be allowed access to their car during the week.
You will be required to give the university a $20 cash deposit to receive the keys to your room. This deposit is refundable at the end of the week.
SERVICE PROJECT: Oklahoma Girls State is also collecting funds for our service project. We are asking each participant to voluntarily bring a $5 donation that will go to the Veterans Center in Muskogee, OK.
You must attend the entire session (May 27– June 1) without interruption and attend the closing ceremony to be a Girls State graduate. Once a delegate checks out, she will not be permitted toreturn. Please do not ask to come late or leave early.
The final ceremony starts at 2:00 p.m. Friday June 1, 2018 at the Lloyd Noble Center, 2900 S Jenkins Ave, Norman, OK 73019. Due to the size of the event center, there is no maximum number of guests allowed to attend per delegate.
Check out is Friday, June 1, 2018 at 3:30 P.M. following the closing ceremony.