American Legion Auxiliary Oklahoma Girls State 2019
A few things you should know before you arrive:
- Oklahoma Girls State is a patriotic, non-partisan government program that emphasizes God and County. There will be prayer and the Pledge of Allegiance daily.
- Girls State delegates are not allowed to choose their roommates.
- Visitors are ONLY allowed for the closing ceremonies on Friday. If anything needs to be delivered to a Girls State delegate during the week, it must go to the Oklahoma Girls State office in the dorms.
Check in begins at 12:00 p.m. on Sunday May 26, 2019 and will end at 2:00 p.m. Please go to the lobby of Couch Center at the University of Oklahoma (1524 Asp. Ave., Norman, OK). While not required, we suggest that everyone does not arrive at once and recommend the following check in times:
- If you live East of I-35 and South of I-40, you will check in at 12:00 Noon
- If you live West of I-35 and South of I-40, you will check in at 12:30 P.M.
- If you live East of I-35 and North of I-40, you will check in at 1:00 P.M.
- If you live West of I-35 and North of I-40, you will check in 1:30 P.M.
Delegates must pay $20 non-refundable fee by May 1, 2019. This fee covers one t-shirt for each delegate and pictures. Payment will be made via PayPal.
Upon arrival, delegates will be required to give the university a $20 cash deposit to receive the keys to your room. This deposit is refundable at the end of the week.
Oklahoma Girls State is also collecting funds for our service project. We are asking each participant to voluntarily bring a $5 donation that will go to the Veterans Center in Muskogee, OK.
Delegates must attend the entire session (May 26– May 31) without interruption and attend the closing ceremony to be a Girls State graduate. Once a delegate checks out, she will not be permitted to return. Please do not ask to come late or leave early.
Girls State citizens who choose to drive themselves will be required to deposit their car keys with their Girls State Counselor and will not be allowed access to their car during the week.
Due to limited seating at the final ceremony, we encourage all Girls State citizens to have a maximum of two guests in attendance. This ceremony starts at 2:00 p.m. Friday May 31, 2019.
Check out is Friday, May 31, 2019 at 3:30 P.M. following the closing ceremony.