Oklahoma Girls State participants are given the opportunity to earn college credit by taking an online American Federal Government course through OU Concurrent Enrollment for only $240, including the book. Oklahoma Girls State is May 27 – June 1, 2018 on OU’s campus. The course will be online from July 9 – August 2.
P SC 1113: AMERICAN FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
Course Description: A study of the structure, organization and powers of the executive, legislative and judicial branches including relationships between state and national governments. Emphasis upon political processes and popular government; elections, political parties, pressure groups, voting behavior.
Date: July 9 – August 2
|Eligibility||Option 1||Option 2|
|High school senior||24 ACT or 1090 SAT & 3.00 GPA or top 50%||3.00 GPA & top 30%*|
- *Students must have a 19 ACT on the reading section.
- Seniors graduating from an unaccredited high school or who are home schooled must be at least 16 years of age.
- Option 2 is not available to home school or unaccreditated high school graduates.
|American Federal Government||$0||$240||$240|
HOW TO APPLY
- Discuss the Concurrent Enrollment program with your high school counselor or principal. Your principal will need to support your application, and your counselor can provide advice on how to apply!
- Apply! Submit an online application for admission
- Click ‘Create an account’ under ‘First-time users’
- Check your email for your temporary PIN
- Click ‘Activate your account’ in your email
- Create new password
- Click ‘Start New Application’
- Select ‘Concurrent Enrollment Application 2018’
- Send important documents to OU. Before your application can be reviewed, OU must receive the following items. Please mail these materials to the Office of Admissions (address below) once the online application is submitted:
- Completed Concurrent Enrollment Recommendation Form signed by you, your principal, high school counselor, and one of your parents/guardians
- Official high school transcript
- Official ACT or SAT score
OU Office of Admissions:
University of Oklahoma – Office of Admissions
1000 Asp Ave, Room 127
Norman OK 73019-4076
Your OUNet Account is your key to accessing OU’s technology resources, such as e-mail, enrollment and grades, course materials, computer labs and OU Libraries resources. Set yours up today and check it regularly.
- Visit account.ou.edu
- Click ‘I’m New to OU Setup Account’
- Activate your account here and follow the instructions
- Enter your Date of Birth (MM/DD/YYYY)
- Enter your Sooner ID
- You will be taken to a page where your 4×4 (OUNet ID) is and you will create a password.
- Be sure to remember your OUNet ID and password
- You can now access your ou.edu email
- Log in with your OUNet ID (4×4) and password at outlook.office365.com
- OU IT automatically assigned you an email address (First.MI.Lastfirstname.lastname@example.org) upon admission. This can be changed within your account settings. For instructions visit ou.edu/ouit/new
2. Take your Mandatory Online Training
In accordance with federal law and university policy, you must successfully complete the following online training in order to enroll.
- Visit onpoint.ou.edu
- Sign in with your 4×4 and password
- Click ‘Take Required Training’
- Complete all of the required trainings
3. Be advised and enroll in the American Federal Government course
In order to be advised and enroll in the course, please call Haley Cowan at (405) 325-5050 or email her at email@example.com (M-F, 8-5).
Need Help? Contact us at (405)-325-5050.